Wednesday, January 23, 2013

When I saw you I fell in Love

So my days are up and down, but they are more up than down. I have to get myself together because I am raising a baby girl that needs me. I will not be that teen mother that party or let any and everyone take my baby. No I won't . I help raise my nephew so I know alot about babies....well not that much. We are together like milk and cookies. I was so proud of her she started walking at 8 months, and she was off the bottle the shortly after that. I really think she was fast at everything because she knew her mama needed her to be just that. As time would go by so fast I would see her becoming a independent little person. At the age of two she would make herself a sandwich and it would look better than any adult sandwich so cute. I thanks God and my grandmother I didn't do the unthinkable and abort her. I knew in my mind I couldn't deal with you see me you see my baby. I want her to look at me and be proud and I want to see her in the same light. I get back into school and wrap up the 9th grade being a mother. My family is at graduation and so is my baby girl. It was so bitter sweet that day we have on the same outfit looking like I'm the life time barbie and she my little sidekick. We were wearing these poke-a-dot dresses and all my friends thought we were so cute. I on the other hand was thinking wow I have 3 more years to go and then off to college. I thought to much to fast I did get through with high school and tried to do college. I had to give up on college without any type of support system other than my sister I just couldn't do Pre-Law at that time. My first priority was my child and I know that getting into Law and getting a great career would have to wait. I couldn't and wouldn't let anyone become a mother to my child. I know I was young, but I had to show my child things my mother never showed me and if someone else showed her and not me I couldn't handle it. So school became a no really quick. We was seeing each other raising each other, and getting to know each other. My child was my best friend she was my number one girl and no one could take her place. She pushes me on the daily I have a few moments where I can't seem to take it as a teen parent, but I refuse to give up. I refuse to let her see me as a failure. I work hard I graduate from Highschool and she was cheering me on all the way. My baby is three now and she can and will be the best person beside her mama. I am focused I am high on life and I am a mother first.

                                                                                                                

3 comments:

  1. What a great story. I am so happy that you made it through all of this. I can't wait to hear the rest of your story.
    http://thesexysinglemommy.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katherine and Ty it was alot of hard work, but I made it through

    ReplyDelete