Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Very First

I was 16 when I got my first job it was McDonald's where else can a teen mother work? I was still in High School and working because my daughter needed me. I was a single mother striving to be the best I can be for her and myself. I had to stop hanging with my friends as much as I did because my priorities had to change fast. I loved hanging with my friends we wasn't trouble makers we just hang out and had lots of fun joking and clowning each other. I couldn't do that any longer. What was I thinking I'm a mom, mama, mother at the tender age of 15. It never dawned on me to give my child away or let her grandmother on her daddy side raise her. I'm thinking now did I do the best I could as a child raising her? I did the best a 15 year old could do. This little girl was amazing she taught me everyday to strive and be the best I can be. I no longer got into trouble. I went to school got good grades, and after school I would go to work. At home my daily routine would consist of giving her the time she needed and deserved. I would play with her, feed her, and put her down so I can focus on my homework, etc. I would wake up at night when she cried, and get up at the break of dawn to get ready for school and her daycare.  I never realized that I was on my own doing this mothering thing without her father. He was never there for us never not once did he do right by us. He got me pregnant and didn't step us. I would for him to see what he missed. He missed her first word which was mama, her first step, her first everything. I'm so glad I was there to see these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment